Wednesday 12 October 2011

With Christ in the Vessel...


Hey daily walkers
 
The other day I restarted my sermon cd in my car and today when I was driving home from dinner, I heard a sermon by Elisabeth Elliot that mentioned Mark chapter 4 where Jesus crosses the sea of Galilee by boat and a storm comes. She was talking about how God's prescence, sovereignty and love will help us have a quiet heart in the midst of trials and be like Christ as he slept on a pillow while the storm raged outside. She quoted a poem by Amy Carmichael (missionary to India) that struck a chord with me.
 
Thou art the Lord who slept upon the pillow,
Thou art the Lord who soothed the furious sea,
What matters beating wind and tossing billow
If only we are in the boat with Thee?

Hold us quiet through the age-long minute
While Thou art silent and the wind is shrill :
Can the boat sink while Thou, dear Lord, are in it;
Can the heart faint that waiteth on Thy will?

— Amy Carmichael
 
Hope the reading is continuing with everyone. Not long now til the end!
 
ur sis
 
rowas

No comments: